On this page is the current credit distribution sheet for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Our distribution sheets list all of the requirements for each catalog year, please visit the Undergraduate Catalog for that information
Download a PDF copy of the credit distribution sheet for the general political science curriculum.
Political Science (37 Hours)
- POLS 101 Introduction to Political Science (3 hours)
- POLS 110 American National Government OR POLS 210 American Politics and Policy(3 hours)
- POLS 220 World Politics(3 hours)
- POLS 317 Louisiana Politics(3 hours)
- POLS 370 Political Philosophy: Major Thinkers (3 hours)
- POLS 340 Public Administration OR POLS 414 Congress OR POLS 419 The Presidency OR POLS 442 Bureaucratic Power Identity and Social Roles(3 hours)
12 hours of POLS at 300 or 400 level and an additional 9 hours at a 400 level.
English (12 Hours)
- ENGL 101 Introduction to Academic Writing(3 hours)
- ENGL 102 Writing and Research About Culture (3 hours)
- ENGL 2xx Literature (3 hours)
- ENGL 352 OR ENGL 359 Advanced Writing in Social Sciences OR ENGL 360 Advanced Writing (3 hours) OR ENGL 365 Technical Writing (3 Hours)
History (6 Hours)
6 hours of HIST.
Modern Language (10 Hours)
- MODL 101 (4 hours)
- MODL 102 (3 hours)
- MODL 201 (3 hours)
Math/Statistics (6 Hours)
- MATH 102 Quantitative Reasoning OR (MATH 103 AND MATH 104) OR MATH 105 College Algebra (3 hours)
- STAT 214 Elementary Statistics (3 hours)
Science (9 Hours)
6 credit hours of SCI electives are to be chosen from both biological (BIOL) and physical (CHEM, GEOL, or PHYS) sciences, two courses of which must be from the same science.
Communication (3 Hours)
3 hours of CMCN.
Arts (3 Hours)
3 credit hours of Art, must be chosen from advisor-approved list.
Behavioral Science (6 Hours)
6 hours of Behavior Science, must be outside of student's major.
Minor (18 Hours)
- 18 credit hours in your minor.
- 6 credit hours of the 18 credit hours must be at the 3/4xx level.
- No more than one course grade of D in the minor.
Electives (10 Hours)
- UNIV 100 (3 hours)
3 credit hours of Philosophy and 4 credit hours of any elective.